Thursday, January 3, 2008

Stuff Finding Me


I like to think that "I find stuff." But the truth is when something amusing comes along that fills a specific void in my life, well, I'm fairly certain the object found me. Now, I'm not saying that objects have minds, but maybe they have energy, and maybe time passes by in such a way that my heart is open to being discovered.(Don't we all want to be known? Why else would I blog?)
While visiting some junk shops, with Randy, some pretty glass bowls, books, a pom- pom maker, a brand new Fiskers hand spade, and some science & English videos, found me. Only I know what value these objects might have in my life.
I am a very reluctant consumer these days. I really hate to spend money on anything that's not going to "rock my world." But if the price is right I might take a chance on an object that might assist in helping me express who I am.

No comments: