Friday, January 8, 2010

Listening


Today I responded to the spontaneous urge to ask my colleague the question, "Do you have any embroidery hoops I can borrow." And Lori went one better and answered the question I had been searching the web and my brain to find . . . how to MAKE an embroidery hoop. WOW! So AMAZING!
All one needs to do is cut the bottom off a whipped topping container and cut out the center of the lid. It works perfectly.
This is a much better fix than buying or borrowing a hoop because one of my motivations this year is to show my students how to make art with household items.
Many of my students come from low income households or maybe their family doesn't value art and doesn't provide art supplies for them. I am trying to show my students how to use ordinary readily available materials in inventive ways.
I love the recycled hoops more than my factory made versions.
The little hoop in the picture is a from a chip can.

2 comments:

EmKDee said...

I just realized you've been blogging for three years?? I'm impressed, and continue to loyally follow!

SpringGirl said...

Yay! When I write, I write for you. You are a wonderful muse.