Sunday, August 28, 2011

Angels

I woke up Saturday morning feeling like I wanted to tackle a project I had been thinking about. I know summer is coming to an end and I wanted to do something special with Mekayla so I called to see if she wanted to get creative with grandma. She was excited for the project.

The project started with some angels my sister-in-law Nancy made. The country colors weren't doing it for me and I thought I would try to freshen them up with some junk.

We used spray paint and brush on paint.

We painted, sawed, hammered, cut, nailed, drilled, and screwed.



The wings required some fancy engineering. The iron was screwed into a small block of wood. The small block of wood was screwed into the angel. I bought the weird iron pieces at a garage sale.
In my mind I thought the project would take two maybe three hours . . . it was five hours and as Mekayla said, "That was hard work!" "Yeah! But it was fun work!"I replied.
Interesting results aye?

With an old wooden heart I had in the garage and the little angel's wings, Mekayla made a sweet wall hanging. So cute!!!

It was a heavenly day.

No comments: