Sunday, September 30, 2012

To, May, and the little Toes

This week my co-workers and I found a little tomato family.  I get teased about my vegetable interpretations until it turns into an English lesson on personification. 

A heart shaped tomato.
 Letter J or vegetable revolver (seeds included).

Recently, the sweet potatoes (aka yams) were dug up.  They come in a variety of sizes and shapes.  You can find little fingerly sized potatoes or enormous "full term baby" size.  I walked around cradling my orange tuber saying, "See my sweet potato baby?"  We found sweet potatoes that resemble a swan, ET, mustache, earth worm, and a toucan (or anteater). 

Like I said, my co-workers tease me a little about my perceptions, but the market customers "get it" and like to make their own interpretations, which gives me a smile and laugh.  Also, now the staff are noticing interesting shaped veggies and passing them on to me.  Even the boss said, "Here is a basket for your little guy." 

No comments: