Monday, January 21, 2013

Playfully Tracking the Time


I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions, but I do intend to play more in 2013.  I'm not sure how I will be more playful.  However . . . 

I had a moment of inspiration and decided I would get the cuckoo clock out.  Cuckoo clocks are as much toys as tools.  

I bought this cuckoo clock a few years ago at a yard sale ($5.00).  I came to learn that Randy grew up with a cuckoo clock and knew how to get this one running and entertaining the household. 

I have two broken down cuckoo clocks that my parents bought in Europe in the 50's.  Between Christmas and New Year I took them to a repair lady who said they were beyond repair.  

I'm a little sad, but I am hashing over ideas to transform them into art or lamps . . . 
Our communication center got a new fun look with a vintage slate chalkboard and a "cork board", which I made from an old tomato colored frame, adhesive cork tiles, and vintage dishtowel.  

I decided to use a potholder woven on a loom for an eraser.

1 comment:

EmKDee said...

I am fairly certain that is the same cuckoo clock we had in my living room growing up. Pine cones and all. What memories. Happy to be reading your blog today, Ms. Heidi.