Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Spiders Art Colony



These photos were taken on our way to the farm one hazy moring.  I consider this sight a "consolation" veiwing.  The first time I saw this patch of webs clearly was in September.  Just as Evelyn and I were coming up to the farm with entered a thick cloud of fog; the dew was heavy and with the sunlight at the right angle and degree of brightness the typically invisable webs were now visable.  The event was startling, eerie, and beautiful.  I didn't stop to take a photo and I regretted it because it seemed like we would never be able to see the webs in such beautiful and rare conditions again.

Finally, one morning, the webs were visable again.  Evelyn popped a few photos for me.  The webs are made by common garden spiders (the big black and yellow type). 


No comments: