Friday, March 6, 2015

Calendar Waste Basket

I made a waste basket from an old calendar.
I used some chip board, and some old harvest gold vinyl shelf liner, clear contact paper, hole punch, and some yarn in mardi gras colors. I found a pattern for a waste can and traced the shape on the chip board. 
I glued the calendar onto the board using rubber cement.  When the glue was dry I trimmed each side and put contact over the images.  I glued the shelf liner on with E600 spray adhesive and trimmed off the extra.  Bore holes around the edges and then I blanket stitched around each piece. I sewed the sides together using a light green cotton thread which I wove around the existing threads.  

I like the results.  The waste basket is contemporary and nostalgic.  I think I would like to make boxes using this method.  

No comments: