Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Bean out West

 At the end of May I headed out west with my friends Gwen and Mike.  On our first day we made a stop at the "Bean" in Chicago.  We arrived at the end of the day as the sun was setting and the early rising moon was bright spot in the cloudless sky.
I really like this photo I took of the moon above the sky scrapers.

I really enjoyed seeing the Bean as it reminded me of a past fascination I had with an old parlor game that uses a chrome tube and a distorted picture which reflects a proportional image in the the tube's concave surface. Of course everything is distorted in the bean, but it is fun like the Fun House Mirrors in Dempsey's Restaurant.  However, the Bean, at least on that night, in the cool of a May evening was more like a magic mirror and was full of elegance and class.  

No comments: