Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Get Away




I had a wonderful opportunity to travel with Elizabeth to visit Clarissa in Grand Rapids. Claire's apartment has a wooded sanctuary feel to it. Her deck opens to a cool leafy canopy of shade. 
During our stay the air moved like a calm breath through the trees. I loved how bird songs were magnified as it traveled through wide spaces between trees.  

While Claire worked Elizabeth and I had a beach day.  A google search offered several choices.  We decided to go to Tunnel Beach in Holland, MI. 


 Here is a picture of me walking to the beach.  

It was a very nice beach with a dramatic tunnel entrance.  I got a rotten sunburn, but my soul let out a big exhale from being overinflated with tension. The water was cool and refreshing and it had a playful movement caused by a breeze that stirred up small white capped waves. 

Can you imagine my surprise when I saw a photo of the tunnel in Artful Blogging?  And imagine my surprise when I went to work and told the wonderful Emily where I had gone and she told me she spent her childhood summers at Tunnel Park because her grandma lived next to it.



There were sweet things that happened at the beach.  I saw a little girl who was black like coal sitting on a towel eating an apple with the whitest flesh.  She was absolutely beautiful with her pink palms and soles.
A tall, skinny hipster with dreadlocks and sagging pants offered his hand to help me up the stairs.  It was a much appreciated act of kindness.





No comments: