Sunday, July 13, 2008

COOOL




I have been busy making signs. I made signs for the ice cream booth at the fair called The Frosty Cow, and for the church's 5K Son Run. I had help will the Son Run signs, a few friends came and helped write Bible passages and Randy made professional braces so they could be propped up easily.

The Frosty Cow's ice cream is the best because it is full of fat.

The Son Run went well on 7/12, but the storm came ahead of schedule and the sky splilled out rain and it even hailed a little. Someone asked where the Bible verse about the flood was. Only one runner (my friend Ross) got dumped on pretty bad. Normally he would be one of the first ones in, but he was running with his kids who found the race a little much. Ross's children ended up hitching rides back to the church, but Ross wanted to finish out the race. Kadie and I had a good laugh over the whole thing. Ross was near the end so it was pointless to offer him a ride. In the end he said he enjoyed the dousing. I suppose he felt something cleansing.

On Wednesday I made a sponge cake with lime zest in the batter, homemade lime curd filling, and coconut seven minute frosting for Valorie's belated birthday celebration. Yummm I love it when the cake is cold!

A lovely surprise last week was the blossoming of two buds on my scented clematis vine. I love late-bloomers, I understand their motivation.

I got new glasses so I'm ready to read. I let you know what I tackle first.

No comments: