Monday, August 23, 2010

Seeker

"A seeker is a person who makes honest and sincere efforts on a daily basis to grow spiritually."

It has been a long while since my last entry. I have allowed myself to become consumed by many distractions.
My last entry was about seeing and giving full attention. Today I am thinking about seekers. I guess I accept the definition above. I think a lot about:
"life is a journey about becoming a better version of yourself"
"create conditions for success"
"there are no ideal conditions"

I recently read in Time magazine "Reading, in its quietness and sustained concentration, is the opposite of busyness." Lev Grossman, writing about author Jonathan Franzen made other insightful comments that struck a chord in me, "The place of (internal and external) stillness you have to go to ... to engage productively ..."

Reducing the external (and to a lesser degree, internal)distractions has been a challenge. For me the steps toward a "better version of self" requires "quietness and sustained concentration" to work at exploring/exposing my potential.

I feel a need to write a list.

No comments: