Monday, January 30, 2012

January 2012

 Gwen and her nieces and nephews made this wonderful gingerbread cake house for the grandkids.  It was a wonderful thing considering how weird the holidays were.

 I got together with my gal pals over the break.. Briggie is holding Maripat's girl dog named Barney!  I love Barney.
 This is my green kitchen.

 Maripat, Rosie and her friend Katie, and I went to the UMMA.  I love this exhibit of Tabletop sculptures.  Many of the sculptures are kinetic and can spin in a pin head even though they are so heavy and not symmetrical.
 We had a great time.  This is graffiti alley.  We had lunch at Afternoon Delight.  Great hospitality, food and prices.  Yummmy!  I got a lot of compliments on my hat.  This was a bitter cold day.  I took my gloves off to show MP how to operate the camera.  Otherwise we were bundled and covering our faces.
 We finally got snow to go sledding.  We had a great time.
 Arianna's covering her eyes.
 I'm on the back

This is me being excited by how far we went.
Jacob and Dominic went the farthest.  Down the hill, across the field, over the road, across another field into the woods.  WOW!!!!

Another great day I had in January (forgot the camera) was spent in Perrysburg and Toledo.  Randy and I drove alongside the Maumee River.  The house are just lovely.
We ended up in Toledo and had a late lunch early dinner at The Blarney.  The restaurant has a great vibe.  Nice decor and menu.  We had latkes with corn beef, bangers and mash with a side of peas.  I wanted to tell the owner that the best peas are tossed with olive oil, S&P, and roasted under the broiler just until toasty. 

No comments: