Monday, December 17, 2007

Snow Days




God granted a snow day so I could finish up J, Joel, and Jennie's Christmas packages.
I spent the good part of Sunday making the stollen and various cookies.
At Christams I make German recipes. I didn't grow up eating these sweets, but I must have some genetic memory, because over the years I have gravitated toward them. It all began with the stollen. Several years ago I was at a dinner for the women of our congregation. An elderly woman brought the stollen and I asked her for the recipe. One tip is to make sure your liquids are "blood warm." That means right around 98.6 for optimal rising. Also, don't add too much flour and always have a peaceful spirit when baking. Do this and your bread should turn out perfect.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum, yum, gimme some!!

DD said...

oh my oh my!! Does that look yummy!