Sunday, December 23, 2007

Spiritual Eating




One of the most exciting sections in our recipe box is the soup section. The soups resulting from these inspired recipes are nothing short of sublime. Roasted Chestnut Parsnip Soup is no exception. Eating it is a spiritual experience. As I reflect on this humble soup (capable of making the most sophisticated epicurean "mmmmmm") I think perhaps I should create a new section in my recipe box and file this recipe under Soul Food.
Please take note of the groovy pan used to roast chestnuts in. You can't see it, but the name 'Drake" is stamped into it. It was once used to make jelly rolls at my father-in-law's family bakery.
PS I haven't time to type out the recipe, but I can send a scanned copy to anyone daring to try it. No need to fear, it's not difficult to make.

No comments: