Friday, June 20, 2008

Science in Art



Art the King Wamba art fair was artist Robin Schultes. She creates Universe beads. I couldn't resist them. She made beautiful multicolored universe beads, however this black and white bead with a solar system on one side, and a pulsar on the other rocks my world.
Being an art and science teacher it was a perfect acquisition. I sort of feel like I am making a spiritual and religious statement when I wear it. The Bible says God created people in his image. I interpret that as God made us creators. Here the artist Robin has symbolically captured in a bead God's most amazing creation, the universe. The black and white reminds me of the complicated energy of life and death, good and evil, full and empty, color (white is all colors) and void (black the absence of color).

No comments: