Friday, October 14, 2011

Hope and a Future




We barely got home when I turned around and left for three days in Saginaw for the WELS teacher's convention. It was a wonderful sweet time.

The theme based on Jeremiah 29 v. 11 was ironic because this was the verse printed on prayer bands (like LIVESTRONG) made for the son of two of our church's school teachers. Their son has Hodgkin lymphoma. On the first day of the convention a mission offering was taken, but on the last day just before dismissal the assembly voted to give the offering to the Neumann family to help defray medical expenses. We all felt grateful and worked hard to fight off the tears. It was a kind and tender moment. Neil's thanks to the group was very touching.

I had a really good time at the convention, and I am prepared to present next year. I hope I am invited.

I saw a speaker on Why to teach drawing, How to Encourage Creative Thinkers, Human Fossils, and I visited the Castle Museum's Archeology semi-truck. Very cool indeed. The semi-trailer has seats, a screen for presentations, displays, and tables to have a dig. I didn't get a picture because my brain was breaking down from information overload. I have been really busy and I haven't had time to process all the info.

Our little St. Stephen's group had a lot of laughs.


Anyway . . .

I have been praying to find a position where my talents can be put to good use and where I can express my faith openly to give hope to others.

No comments: