Saturday, February 27, 2010

Confession

I had a weird,horrible, and wonderful school year 08-09. The stories I could tell about my very isolated struggle might not be so interesting. But since the first day of last summer I have been working on making sense of the whole experience. I am just finally coming to a point where I can begin organizing the internal chaos. I am just now feeling courageous enough to post images from last years lessons.

This year has been a bit of a struggle, like haven't the vigor I once had. I am still doing work I am proud of, but its like I am working with a spiritual injury that hasn't fully healed.

Anyway. I have updated www.artsprouts.blogspot.com

I haven't included much from this year. I am posting lessons from last year. Having not done this created a burden that feels a little lighter. I will feel much "lighter" when this year's work is included on the blog. I don't accept comments on artsprouts, but if you would comment here I would really appreciate the feedback.

2 comments:

emily said...

hullo heidi! I just wanted to say that those were some of the greatest and awe-inspiring works I have seen come out of elementary students. The projects are all so different from what I have ever seen elementary art teachers do. It was really refreshing to go through them and see something so different and well done. I have had the pleasure of teaching some elementary students at the local art center and have been asked to do more with the kids there and would really appreciate some feedback/discussion from you about some ideas. Would you email me and let me know if this is something you would be willing to help me with? bricolagestudios@gmail.com
I miss you Heidi, next time I'm near A-town I would love to have coffee or something and catch up anyhow.

SpringGirl said...

Oh thanks Sweetness! I love to share with you! Thanks for the feedback!