Saturday, July 14, 2007

Feng Sh ** away

We had a yard sale so I could get rid of all the junk laying around. The stuff was just filling the house with a bad energy.

The house is a major source of stress in my life in that it is small, cluttered, and poorly decorated. We sold a few things, but most of it is sitting in the garage waiting to go to the curb or Goodwill.

The sale gave me a chance to show off the garden. That was nice. I received a lot of compliments on the flower arrangements and the overall charm. One woman said our house looked liked a little storybook house. All that even thought there was a lot of algae growing on the fountain. Everyone was in agreement that the bike rim trellis, I made this year, is cool. More then a few men liked it too.

Yard sales are hard work. It's a good event to force yourself to participate in because you wonder, "How did I get all this crap?" Also, having a sale causes me to pause and give better condideration to my purchases. I do need things to function smoothly. But I know from experience that all goes well with items of better quality and smaller quantities.

I have found some new ice cream, "Cupcake" by Spartan. Yellow cake ice cream, chocolate frosting, and cake pieces. Oh so good! One of the many things that have made this summer sweet and fun.

No comments: