Monday, May 21, 2012

Our Graduate


 Kadie and Hannah

I'm so delighted for Kadie and proud of her hard work and her decision to become a Christian school teacher.  It was an emotional weekend.  She is such a talented and smart person person. To dedicate her life's work to sharing her knowledge and to support others in their Christian struggle to "manage" in a world that is growing in the number of people who do not accept the divinity of Jesus is courageous. 

Later we learned that her first teaching assignment is an hour away. 

I was feeling so joyful but kinda dumbfounded and stunned, almost not believing I was part of all this goodness. 

So many things went through my mind, I think I know a little of how Mary must have felt. Seeing God's hand visibly evident in the life of your child gives an overwhelming sense of humility, joy, and wonder. 

I haven't been a good example of a Christian parent.  I didn't provided an environment of faith-filled stability.  Yet I have been blessed in spite of my feeble efforts.  I have been on a slow spiritual evolution, but the child has evolved before the parent.  I love it. 




No comments: