Tuesday, May 29, 2012

View From Above

I like this view, but I wasn't happy that we could see through the garage windows. I once had lace curtains hanging but they attracted dirt, webs, and spiders. So it got me thinking . . . . .


I could paint curtains . . . then I thought why not do something curtain-ish . . . then I thought why not paint "music".  I have been drawing "music" for awhile now.  I love this work I have been doing.  It is sort of like automatic drawing, making a visual record of the notes and lyrics to angels' songs, it looks peculiar yet sacred, it reminds me of calligraphy, toll painting, and it has a flair found in European woodcarving. 

2 comments:

Bee's Purse said...

Love the windows! Can't wait to look at them over pizza and lemonade and a great game of Quiddler this summer! Are you in?

SpringGirl said...

I'm in. Jeff says Quiddler means "Mom Wins."
Thanks for commenting!