Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"I like it when it's you and me day."

 Arianna came over to spend the day with me.  No one else was home.  "This place is empty," said Arianna.  Then she added, "I like it when it is you and me day."
This was our first big art day.  She came wearing her paint clothes.  We worked on two projects as the paint from one projects dries as we work on the other project.  We didn't finish our little door, but we finished the new hearts for the flower boxes.  A few years back I made some glass mosaic hearts (see Aug 1, 2007) that crumbled after the first year.  These new hearts are made from odd bits of junk and will hopefully hold up better.
She painted with a spray can, roller, and brush.  Went to the basement and carried stuff up, dug around in the garage for materials, and she used a hammer and nails.
I didn't have plan for the hearts so we talked and shared ideas about what would look good.  I asked her later in the day . . .

 "Making art is hard isn't it?"  Without hesitation she agreed.  However, no complaints from Arianna because the activity was rewarding.


In addition to art we made blueberry pancakes, which she loved.  Went for a short walk and saw a dead squirrel (gross and fascinating).  Fetched the cat out of the neighbor's inflatable pool (she was drinking from a puddle of water in the bottom) and then took a long walk to the Frosty Boy for an ice cream.  It was a long day, but I think she wanted to do more (library and park). 
She found a big roly poly bug which she played with for a long time.  She informed, "I like nature."
It looks like she'll be over again soon so I am getting the microscope ready.

1 comment:

EmKDee said...

I tried to email you! No dice! Did you change from your Comcast address? Send it to me. emilykdrake@gmail.com.