Monday, July 6, 2009

Fears, Tears, and Sweets


I giggled every time a I saw Mr. Softee. It reminded me of something else.


We love to discuss films when we get together. While candy shopping for Flower Candy (featured with King Kong)J and Htomi suggested I get the hard candy in the tin. They said it makes them feel sad though because it reminds them of the movie "The Grave of the Fireflies." Fortunately Adrian Collage had Grave of the Fireflies (based on a real experience) and the original King Kong (Fay Ray was real beauty). Randy rolled his eyes at the idea of watching a cartoon, but the story is so gripping story that one forgets that they are watching something animated.
Kong would have been a lot sweeter if he had flower candy.


FYI I saw a real African story vine at the Museum of Natural History.

I had nice adventures in NYC, but the best part was seeing my kids. I miss them.
They are all so funny and we laughed all the time.

No comments: