Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sirens Rockin'

While at Northern Michigan College I visited the college's art museum. It holds a beautiful collection of Inuit art made by contemporary Inuit artists and a children's interactive art room. In the room are the strings of an old piano that visitors may strum. When I saw the strings I thought, "Man I wish we would have saved and demolished Kadie's piano so I could have put the strings in the garden."

I decided to call my friend Mikie to tell her about a man I met in class that I think she would have fun going to dinner and drinks with. Originally I was going to ride my bike to Mikie's, but Mikie said, "Bikes are dangerous." This statement made me laugh. I decided to drive because I wanted to get a movie from the library, it looked like rain, and I don't have a bike lock.
After getting the movie "Oh, Brother Where Art Thou," (we talked about it in class because it is based on Homer's Odyssey and we did a myth project) I headed out of the parking lot. As I went by the dumpster there lay the guts of a piano on the ground. WHAT!??
I stopped and inspected the remains (the keys and hammers were gone) I realized I was looking at what was left of Kadie's old piano. Obviously whoever had it thought it was beyond repair. I dashed over to Mikie's and asked, "Are you up for an adventure?" I am a siren distracting people from their journey. Of course Mikie was and without giving the whole story/plan away we grabbed a big screw driver and took off.

We are girls, weak girls and we needed the help of men. I called my friend Mike and eventually Randy, long story short, the piano guts are sitting in my garden waiting to play the song of Sirens.

My plan is to hang pool balls (credit goes to Mike for that idea)and other balls above the strings so they will tamp out a song when the wind blows.
ROCKIN!
Stay turn for links on video of Mikie and me banging out a memory.
Mikie is so hilarious! She said, "We are in the middle of fifty stories! You know we're never going to finish them."
HA! HA! HA! Great times.

No comments: