Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Memory Project



We shared a memory in class. Some of my classmates had sad and profound memories, my memory was weird and quirky.
My grandma had a cute pink bunny in her living room that she kept in a bag. If I wanted to play with it I had to keep it in the bag. When my grandma died my mom gave me the bunny. I released it from the bag and gave it to my two older boys who proceeded to beat the hell out of the bunny. Although the bunny got roughed up I think he had a lot of fun. You'll notice that he is not smiiling inside the bag, but he is outside. The string of a "safety" (although the play was not so safe) is stuck to his ear. The the background of the bag side is dark and depressing while the beat up side is light and illuminated with gold.
I LOVE this piece. It cracks me up. My classmate Amanda helped with the concept, "It was a rough party, but it was worth it."
I titled it, "Don't Do This." I might change the title to reference the book "Pat the Bunny" I am open to suggestions.

No comments: