Monday, July 6, 2009

Yummies at the MoMA

J and I split a lunch at the MoMA. We had Tuna fish packed in olive oil mixed with lemon juice, minced kalamata olives, and a bit of mayo. For dessert we had strawberry rhubarb crisp with vanilla mascarpone cheese.

Last week I was watching American Masters on PBS. This episode was about Garrison Keillor who happens to love rhubarb. He talked quite a bit about rhubarb and was even filmed attending a rhubarb festival. An English teacher who made it on the show impressed Keillor by saying that she thought rhubarb was a metaphor for life. She said Rhubarb is like "finding joy in your own backyard."

I made strawberry rhubarb crisp for fourth of July. I put ground walnuts in the crisp which was a very nice touch.

As I have said before that I am grateful to God for eyes and a heart that make notice and appreciate subtle details and unique characteristics that many people make no notice of.

No comments: