Sunday, August 5, 2007

Living a poem







I've been hanging with friends, eating fried ice cream at El Champs, making paper mache pulp, adoring a baby in a cool Bumbo chair see . . .
http://www.bumbobabyseat.com/
I've been giggling and puzzling over Santos figurines (these can be found in vending machines next to Homies and Trailer Park figures- NO kidding!), and I've been enjoying some pleasant things like . . . Hector stopped by after church with his mom, they had fresh baked cheese cake so I bought one. Good thing too, cause we had all the kids home dinner (Jake & Brandy and the kids, Jeff, and Kadie), Lance stopped by too. We sat around in the dark playing neighborhood pranks (no details), laughing, and enjoying the party lights. The cheese cake transaction was mostly done in Spanish with Hector translating. It was all so fun to me.
About Hector's mom, she is so cute. I can taste the love and care she puts into each cheese cake. And about Hector, his English is suave. He has has the rhythm of charming French man. I've never heard a Spanish speaker talk in such a way. I honestly believe his voice could make him rich.
So, I have an egg man & woman (Elizabeth brings the prettiest eggs over once in a while), an occasional steak man, an now a cheese cake lady. It's really cool to be me sometimes.
I think I have learned what it means to live a poem.

No comments: