Saturday, August 25, 2007






Yay! My Graham Thomas rose has bloomed! Of all the yellow roses grown GT is one of the most beautiful.
The dead maple tree in front of the house was finally chopped down. I asked the tree removal guy if he would also cut down the shoes hanging from one of the wires. I think the shoes bring bad CHI to the neighborhood. Shoes hanging in air . . . tied up . . . going no where. Shoes are meant for walking and taking people places. Tree removal man claimed it was out of his jurisdiction so there they hang. It's like a science experiment . . how many days does it take for a pair of shoes to . . . These shoes have been hanging there for two years (maybe more). Under normal conditions the shoe laces would have decayed and broke, but OH NO not these laces and their bad CHI. They're hanging around filling up with rain, snow, leaves,and ice waiting for the perfect day to snap and go crashing down on my windshield so my pants will fill up with liquid, solids, and gas. Oh how the Fates love to torture me.
Anyway, we experienced bad weather too. Of course my family goes outside to get a better look. We evaluate the temperature, darkness of the sky, wind velocity, and if there is any lightening and thunder. Generally we like thunder storms. That may all change if one of us gets electrocuted or our house (mostly the computer)is destroyed.
Anyway, Elizabeth gave me a turkey feather tree. I had been toying around with doing some holiday trees in the classroom because I have a hard time getting enthusiastic about the holidays. Holidays BAA Humbug! However, I found a Halloween tree and now I have a Valentine's Day tree. I whipped up the little tree shirt for it. It's cute enough I think.

No comments: