Thursday, August 2, 2007

Yumm




Yesterday I went blueberry picking with MP, Rosebud, and Haley. It was blistering hot and we were dripping with sweat. The blueberries were small, it think because of the lack of rain, but they are sweet. We met an older man who did a good bit of talking eventually sharing some personal struggles that I could relate to. I guess there is some solace in knowing others can relate to your trails. But after a bit of moaning we agreed that we were lucky to doing something as simple and sweet as picking blueberries.
The farm we went to had little burrows. They were so funny eating their melons. One burrow came up to me and was being friendly. I tried to tell Maripat it's my new animal magnetism. Which was the burrow's cue to sneeze melon juice and seeds on us. Rosebud got hit in the mouth! Eeww!
Afterwards we stopped at a yard sale and I bought another table to mosaic. I couldn't stop myself! Last summer I bought a table at the As Is for $1. Randy cut a top for it and just two days ago I decided to paint a wild floral top while talking on the phone. I am striving for a freer more spontaneous looking art. The results are pretty good.

No comments: