Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturdays are Dreamy






I had a great day (with the exception of neck pain).
Randy and I went to the farmer's market. We bought hot peppers, crocheted and knitted gifts, peaches, and flowers. Big Tim's flowers are so pretty. I love going to the market and seeing all the colors. I mostly love getting the little two dollar tussie mussies lovingly tied with butcher's string. I also love getting a one dollar sunflower stem.
This week I dug out some vases I hadn't used in awhile. An old carnival glass vase,
and an antique snail vase I originally bought as a gift but couldn't part with.
When I see the sunflower towering over the snail I smile.
Then E, Clairrie and I traveled to Briggie's. We went to the nicest rose farm. Even with the worse pain in my neck I was loving this farm. The owner, Lynn, was so kind. She helped me find two David Austin Roses: Abraham Darby, Grahm Thomas, and one Damask rose: Autumn Damask. Brig didn't buy any roses, but Elizabeth, Clair, and I were swooning over the selections. I was caught up in this romantic ether of colors, French names, and fragrances. But I think (and it makes me cry a little), my favorite part was listening to Clair speak from her maiden heart all these words that comes from one smitten by roses, "I want a red one, and ... but ... what about . . ." Too cute.
Every girl should be let loose at a rose farm just once.
Then, under the recommendation of Lynn, we went to the Pickle Barrel for crazy good food. Specialties included fried pickles (excellent!), sweet potato french fries with honey mustard sauce, turkey apple provolone sandwich, Greek chicken wrap, and the "two fister." *sigh* I feel dreamy.

No comments: