Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Things that make you go MMMMM




After a long absence I finally went to Killarney. The little lake was always the perfect place to go and take my kids, and/or meet my friends and their kids. I don't visit the lake much anymore. My friends and I have become too busy and my kids are grown and moving on and away.
Kadie and some of her friends showed up, but I ended up taking the trip to the lake on my own. I could have been doing many other things, and with the cost of gas, snacks and fees, my money really should be spent on other things . . . . but I needed to see Killarney.
My head started filling with happy memories, and I got a little too sentimental for days gone by so that my heart got an ache. I wish there was a way to bring all of my kids together again for a beach day.
As is always the case when you go to the Killarney, it's hard to leave. If there was only a way to make the time go by sloooooowwly.
One of day's the highlights was hearing little Annie's first words. It was pointed out to me that the first "true words" express emotion rather then just name an object. After tasting watermelon for the first time Annie said, "mmmmmm" many times so that we knew she meant it! We all agreed that the watermelon was "mmmmm" good.
"A good time was had by all. Wished you were there."
A day at Killarney really is priceless. mmmmmmm

1 comment:

DD said...

OH I love the pictures!! What a blessed time we had!! Thank you all for including me!