Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Where the hell is Pentwater?






The rain prevented us from leaving on Sunday, but feeling daring on Monday we (Randy, Kadie, and I) picked up our friend Katherine and went to Pentwater. Just loved it! The cutest place I've been to in a really long time. Don't tell anyone about this place because we don't want it to get too crowded.
The state campground has small sandy sites, however the beach is beautiful and easy to get to, and the grounds are within walking distance of the charming little resort town of Pentwater. We are definitely going back for a longer stay.
We found a kayak livery (folks from Hudson were running the place) and paddled our way down Pentwater river into PW lake.
A local sailor offers lessons, and it made me nostalgic for the times when my dad and I went sailing. "Turnabout!" I'd love to give sailing a try on another visit.
The boys and girls from the PW high school were running for cross-country. Seeing them made me want to run too, but I didn't bring any gear.
At a local restaurant we had a great breakfast which included Swedish Pancakes which were heavenly.
On our way back home we stopped off at Grand Haven which is cute, but populated and busy. It didn't provide the slower pace we were graving. However, I had another remarkable meal. In fact I sent a message to the chef via my waiter, "Tell him I'm in love with him."
My meal (I shared it with Randy and the girls) . . .
Sweet honey teriyaki chicken wings
Red pepper soup with roasted sweet corn
BBQ pork with mango salsa and Gouda cheese
homemade onion rings
Mad hatter beer with orange slices
and a Pizzookie which is a cookie fresh baked in a small pizza pan, topped with homemade ice cream and chocolate syrup.
I know my life doesn't seem "large" or "electric," and I know that there are parts that are "disjointed" and out of "whack," but I'd be wrong to deny that at the moment there is some sweet and pleasant magic sparking about me. It's just so obvious that something nice is going on. I can't explain it, but I am happy for it.

No comments: